Tuesday, January 29, 2008

You Can Have it All....Just Not All At Once!


YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL....JUST NOT ALL AT ONCE!

By Eva Gregory, CPCC


Usually, when it comes to attaining our goals and seeing our dreams come true, we have set a timeline or, at least, have one in mind. That is a good thing. It keeps us focused, motivated. It is tangible; it is binary, measurable: have I been, done, reached such-and-such? Yes or no... Meanwhile, there is a fine balance between setting measurable goals and feeling that "Have or Have Not" feeling. The Law of Attraction promotes feelings of flow and abundance. Let if flow... and you will get more and faster... and often times, even better than that for which we had hoped and asked.When I got into coaching, I was like a kid in a candy store. I wanted to coach clients and be active in the coaching associations; I was president of the International Coach Federation East Bay Chapter. I was progressing through my coaching certification while simultaneously completing a one-year leadership program, creating classes, writing articles, networking... you name it. Meanwhile, I was, basically, saying 'yes' to every offer that came my way to coach and speak... until, eventually, I was left with my tongue hanging out still wanting to say yes to even more juicy opportunities that were flowing my way. After all I'm a huge believer that there is nothing you cannot be or do or have.. until my own coach reminded me, "Eva, yes, you can have it all. Just not all at once!" Sometimes when the Universe is fulfilling your wishes, it gives your everything - and then some - that you have requested. When this happens, it is important to remember to feel gratitude, feel joy in the abundance of it all. If you sidetrack into the "Okay, I received this and that and hurry to add more to the want list, what are you saying? Not 'thank you,' but rather, "Hey. You have given me all of this - and I am feeling a lack of something." When I thought about my coach's words, I could almost hear the Universe giving me that sound from the old game show "Price is Right" when I fall prey to that feeling of scarcity: "bah, bah, bah, waaaaaah." Time to do a self-check. When I relaxed into the abundance of that feeling of "I can have it all," instead of the scarcity mentality, my life became balanced again. I realized that, just because I didn't say yes to everything that came my way right now, it did not mean that I would miss out. I remembered to count my blessings, too. I was able to find that time to play and to be active in my business and have things flow to me and through me "...in an easy and relaxed manner, in a healthy and positive way" as Catherine Ponder likes to say. So, for those who are afraid they might miss out on something or they are being told this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and if you don't take it you'll miss your boat, this is a reminder you never miss your boat. Law of Attraction will always send you another boat and another boat and another boat... Sometimes, it even gives you a better boat than the one for which you dreamed. As Bono sings, "... what you don't have, you don't need it now... it's a beautiful day... don't let it slip away..." Count your blessings. Have faith that the universe will give you "all that" ... and more - in it's own way, at just the right time.


(C) 2008 Leading Edge Coaching
"© Photographer: Agency: Dreamstime.com"


Eva Gregory, International Coach of the Year 2006, master coach, speaker and author of The Feel Good Guide To Prosperity has instructed thousands on the Law of Attraction in person, on the radio and in dozens of teleconference training seminars and programs. She is the author of several books and e-books and has co-developed several telephone-based and internet-based training courses on the Laws of Attraction. Her most popular program to date is her Leading Edge Living One Year Success Program. Eva is regularly featured on radio and in the media and is a recognized authority on the Law of Attraction. To learn more about her products and services, visit Leading Edge Coaching.

No comments:

 
Custom Search