Saturday, January 5, 2008

Positive Affirmations that Work

I love what Michael Losier teaches in his book Law of Attraction (a must read!) about effective affirmations. He makes a great point when he says an affirmation in the present tense can actually decrease our vibration and bring on feelings of doubt, fear, lack, etc. For example, repeating an affirmation such as "I am wealthy and have money to buy whatever I want" but in reality our bank account is overdrawn and our bills are behind, this affirmation may actually bring on negative emotions because we know that this in not actually the case. Instead Michael says to use statements such as "I am in the process of ...." Example: "I am in the process of creating a financial situation that will bring security and joy to me and my family" Now you are saying that the process is started and is continually working to bring forth your desire and this statement seems more realistic to you.

Michael also recommends taking the words Don't, Not and No out of our vocabulary. Using these words actually brings a negative vibration in our mind and focuses more on the negative thing in our life, which in turn brings more. Instead ask yourself "What Do I Want" and state your intention in this way, ie, "I want a better job".

I've been doing my best to follow this and it works!

Have a joyful day!

No comments:

 
Custom Search