Sunday, January 6, 2008

What my Words May Be Creating

Did you ever have a negative situation in your life that just didn't seem to go away? or just got worse? If so, stop and pay attention to what you are saying about the situation or relationship. Are you constantly complaining about it? Do you talk about how terrible it is every chance you get? Are you shouting it on the mountain tops?

Well, I have had few of these, but one comes to mind. My 18 month old son was having some sleep issues, basically, I was exhausted and grumpy and so was he. Night wakings, early rising, short naps. Moms out there may relate to this. So I did whatever I could to fix this problem. I read every book, followed the directions they gave me very carefully, but no change! Finally, one day I stopped and payed attention to what I was saying about the issue. I realized that I indeed was "shouting it on the mountain tops". I was complaining about it, telling everyone I could about it, or just making little sly remarks about having a baby that doesn't sleep. All this negative talk was attracting more of what I didn't want!

The more we complain about the problem, and dwell on it, the more we'll get of it. The Universe hears whatever we constantly give attention to, whether it's negative or positive, it gives back more of it. That's how the Law of Attraction works. What you say determines what you will think and the emotions you stir up. Notice how you feel while you complain about the issue. You bring up negative emotions of fear, frustration, doubt, resentment. Every time I talked about my son's sleep issues I would feel frustrated and helpless and resentment towards my husband who wasn't losing as much sleep as I was, which in turn affected my relationship with him. It's like a 'snowball effect'. When you roll a snowball in the snow it gets bigger and bigger, that's what happens to the negative situation, it gets bigger and bigger and just doesn't go away.

Your words play an important part in what you manifest. You may think your thoughts are doing all the attracting. The universe doesn’t hear your thoughts nor does it see the pictures in your mind. It responds to the vibrations you put out from your emotions. Your words are directly influencing your emotions.

When we speak we are shaping our world around us. Pay attention to the conversation of people with money, you'll notice their positive words about money. In turn they're attracting more of it to into their lives! They don't speak of lack of it, oh no! They know better!

So now I make sure what I say is what I want to attract into my life. I shout positive words from the mountain tops!

(Oh sleep issue is gone!)



Happy Manifesting!

No comments:

 
Custom Search